Secure Document Sharing
Secure Document Sharing allows you to send any documents in your IntakeQ account to a client or a third party. You can share a treatment plan with a client, send a signed consent form to an insurance company, share treatment notes with a specialist, and so on.
How It Works
To make document sharing safe, we use 2 authentication channels. a secret URL sent via email and a access code sent to the recipient's phone. This prevents man-in-the-middle attacks and breaches caused by a compromised email account. Additionally, the shared document has a mandatory expiry date (up to 14 days), and can be revoked at anytime.
How to Share a Document
You will find a "Share" option on three kinds of documents: completed intakes, signed consent forms and client notes.
Let's look at how to share an intake form with a third party.
- Open the document you want to share and click on the "Share" button.
- Select the type of recipient who will be receiving the document.
- Enter the recipient's contact information. If you have sent a document to this recipient before, just start typing their name and IntakeQ will populate the fields for you.
- Make sure that the email and phone number are correct, as they will both be needed to authenticate the recipient.
- Click on "Send Document".
Using a Secret Passcode Instead of Phone Number
In case a phone number is not available, you can use an alternative authentication method. Instead of letting IntakeQ send an access code to the recipient's phone, you can create a secret passcode and inform it to the recipient through other means.
In order to set up a secret passcode, click on the "Use alternative authentication" link, and enter the passcode. Remember that you are responsible for giving the passcode to the recipient in a secure manner.
Customizing the Shared Document Email
The email containing the secret URL can be customized, in case you want to add your own instructions. The following article explains how to edit the default email template: How to Change the Shared Document Email Template
We recommend sending a document to yourself to see how the whole process looks from the recipient's perspective.