How to Setup Taxes
IntakeQ gives you the ability to setup taxes that can be applied to your services or added to custom line items on invoices.
Adding Tax Rates
Follow the steps below to setup various tax rates as needed:
- Navigate to "List > Invoices > Invoice Settings".
- Click on the "Taxes" tab and select "Create Tax" to add a new tax rate.
- You will be able to give the tax a name and set the percentage.
- You can add multiple tax rates, and edit them as well from this screen.
Adding Taxes to Services
Once you have taxes added into the system, a new tab will open up on your services so that you can add taxes to them directly if needed. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to "Bookings > Booking Settings > Services".
- Click "Edit" beside the service you want to add a tax to.
- Navigate to the "Taxes" tab in the service window.
- Here you can check off which taxes apply to the service, or designate that taxes are included in the price.
Adding Taxes Directly to Invoices
An alternative way to add taxes is to add them directly to an invoice, which allows you to add taxes to custom line items added manually through the invoice editing process. To read more on how invoices work, as well as how to add custom line items to an invoice, see the following article: Introduction to Invoicing
After adding taxes into the system, invoices will have a "taxes" link by each line item that allows to to manually add tax to that line item. Once into edit mode on an invoice, you'll see this link, clicking it will prompt you to select which taxes apply to that line item. The below screenshot shows this link as well as how the tax will display on an invoice when added to a line item.