CPT Modifiers for Superbills and Claims
One of the additional features you can enable within your IntakeQ account is the ability to create superbills or claims, which allows you to add procedure (CPT) codes to your services.
To read more about this functionality and how to enable it, see the following articles:
- How to Create Superbills
- Electronic Claims - Office Ally
- Electronic Claims - TriZetto
- Creating a Claim (CMS 1500 Form)
As part of adding procedure codes, we also allow you to add CPT modifiers to these codes if needed. This is an additional option that needs to be enabled on your account. The following steps show how to enable this feature:
- Navigate to "List > Invoices", click on the "Invoice Settings" button in the upper right corner, then go to the "Superbill" tab.
- Under the "Procedure Codes" section of the page, check the box next to "Enable CPT modifiers" to enable this feature.
- Click "Save Changes" at the bottom of the screen to save this change. Once this is enabled, you will see additional boxes to add the CPT modifiers on Services, Treatment Notes, and Superbills. Examples of these are shown below.
Examples of Locations to Add CPT Modifiers
If you need assistance with anything, please contact us and we'll be happy to help!