Attaching Files to a Client's Timeline
Sometimes you may have files that you want to attach to a client's timeline record, such as PDF files from another system, license pictures, or other types of documents. IntakeQ easily allows you to do this via our treatment notes and file attachment features.
Creating the Treatment Note Template
The first step of the process is to create a treatment note template that contains a file attachment question. You are free to include any other questions you like along with the file attachment question as well. Follow the steps below to create a simple template to allow for file attachments to be added:
- Navigate to "My Forms" and go to the "Note Templates" section.
- Click the "Create New" button and give your form a name. You're now presented with the form editor.
- To simply allow for a file attachment, click the green "Add New Question" button in the upper right corner.
- Select the question type "File Attachment" as this allows files to be uploaded from your device into a treatment note.
- If you want to allow for multiple file uploads in one question, check off the option labelled "Allow multiple files".
- When complete, add any other questions you'd like, and be sure the form is saved.
Adding the File Attachment Template to a Client's Timeline
Once you have the above treatment note template created, you will want to add it to a client's timeline so that you can attach files directly to their record. Follow the steps below to do this:
- Navigate to "Lists > Clients" and find the client you want to upload files to.
- Click on the client name, ID or the "Open" button to enter their profile.
- The timeline is on the left of the client profile screen, click the green "+" button next to "Timeline" to add a treatment note.
- From the dropdown selection of treatment notes, select the file attachment one that was just created and click "Continue".
- You will now see the treatment note template added to that client's timeline, along with the option to upload files.
- Once you have uploaded the necessary files, be sure the save and lock the treatment note, these options are in the grey bar in the top right corner.
Once the treatment note is saved and locked, the view will look as follows with images appearing on the screen, and other file types accessible by clicking on them to view or download.
Need Help Creating the Treatment Note?
If you are having issues creating the treatment note to be used to attach files to a client's account, send us an email and we'll gladly transfer one into your account for you at no cost.