Exporting Your Clients' Data
IntakeQ allows you to extract data from intake forms and client notes to a CSV (Comma-separated value) file, which can then be opened in Excel and many other applications. We've created a powerful tool that allows you to export your data in the exact format that you specify.
An "Export Profile" is where you define which fields you want to export data from. You can have multiple export profiles (i.e. one to feed an EHR system, one to create an email list, another one to create reports on Excel, etc.). Export Profiles don’t need to be created every time you want to export data. You create them once and then apply them to a list of intake forms.
Create an Export Profile
- Navigate to "More > Extract Data".
- If you haven’t created an export profile yet, there will be a green button labelled "Create New Export Profile".
- Alternatively, to create or manage profiles, click on the "Manage Profiles" button located in the top right corner of the page.
- To create a new profile, click on the blue "New" button on the left of the screen.
- Enter the name you want to give to this profile.
- Select which questionnaire you want to pull data from. Once you select the questionnaire, notice that the list of fields will be loaded in the left panel (as shown below).
- Next, drag the fields you want to extract to the right panel. Think of these fields as columns in an Excel file.
- When you need to import data into another EHR, it’s often necessary to name the columns according to the vendor specifications. To change the name of a column, click on the settings icon of the field you need to rename.
Filter the Data
Now that your export profile is complete, go back to the export page. This time, you will see that the export profile you created is available and you can use it to extract data from intake forms.
Next, select a date range, click on filter and you will see a list of intakes. You can then check all or check only the ones you want to export. It’s also possible to filter the results by client name or email.
Now just click on "Export Selected Records" to download the CSV file.
Exporting Single Forms
If you want to export a single form to CSV, you can just open a completed form and click on the "Export to CSV" button. This button will only be visible if there if at least one export profile available for that form template.
There are a couple of question types that are not available for extraction because they are not supported in CSV files (i.e. file attachments, signatures, and appointment details).
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact us and we'll be happy to help!