How to Set Up Group Appointments (Classes or Workshops)
IntakeQ allows you to set up group appointments, which enables you to offer classes or workshops through your booking widget.
Setting up group appointments takes less than 5 minutes and involves the following three steps:
1. Create Your Hours
It's likely that your group appointment schedule is different from your regular appointments schedule. For example, you may offer a group class on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10AM, while the rest of the week is open for regular appointments.
The following article explains how to create a set of hours that will later be used to the group appointment: Setting Up Alternative Hours for a Service
2. Create a Category for Your Group Appointments
Putting your group appointments in a different category will make it easier for your clients to find them. If you haven't done so yet, create a category for your classes or workshops and another category for your regular appointments.
The following article explains how to create categories and assign services to each category: How Do I Break My Services Down into Categories?
3. Configure the Service Settings
The last step is to create the actual service (or appointment type) and set up its properties. Below are the steps to do this:
- Navigate to "Bookings > Booking Settings" and go to the "Services" tab.
- Select or create the service you want to set as a group session.
- If you created a category for the group appointments on step #2, make sure to check it in the "Categories" field.
- Click on the "Advanced" tab on the left.
- Under "Max Appointments per Slot", adjust the number to the max number of appointments/clients for the session (30 slots = 30 max clients).
- If you created a set of business hours on step #1, select it in the "Hours" field.
- When done, click "Save".
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact us and we'll be happy to help!