How to Set Up Events or Group Appointments (Classes/Workshops)
IntakeQ allows you to set up group appointments, which enables you to offer events, classes, or workshops through your booking widget.
Setting up group appointments can be done in a few ways:
- METHOD 1: This allows you to set a service as an event, which will ignore most of your booking settings. It's a great option for irregular events occurring outside of your normal hours.
- METHOD 2: This involves setting services to work with your existing booking settings and time availability. It's often used with events that occur on a regular basis within your normal business hours.
METHOD 1: Setting the Service as an Event
You can set specific services as "Events". When you do this, the system lets you set up the specific dates for the events and ignores everything else regarding availability, with the exception of the "Lead Time" setting. This option is under the "Advanced" tab, you can see where to enable in in the screenshot below.
Once you have enabled this option, click "Event Dates/Times" to setup when the event should be available. The only other step would be to setup a time block on your calendar if this event cuts into hours where other services can normally be scheduled. To learn how to set time blocks, read the following article: How to Block Time Availability from my IntakeQ Calendar?
METHOD 2: Creating Group Appointments within Normal Time Availability
1. Create Your Hours
It's likely that your group appointment schedule is different from your regular appointments schedule. For example, you may offer a group class on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10AM, while the rest of the week is open for regular appointments.
The following article explains how to create a set of hours that will later be used to the group appointment: Setting Up Alternative Hours for a Service
2. Create a Category for Your Group Appointments (Optional)
Putting your group appointments in a different category will make it easier for your clients to find them. If you haven't done so yet, create a category for your classes or workshops and another category for your regular appointments.
The following article explains how to create categories and assign services to each category: How Do I Break My Services Down into Categories?
3. Configure the Service Settings
The last step is to create the actual service (or appointment type) and set up its properties. Below are the steps to do this:
- Navigate to "Bookings > Booking Settings" and go to the "Services" tab.
- Select or create the service you want to set as a group session.
- If you created a category for the group appointments on step #2, make sure to check it in the "Categories" field.
- Click on the "Advanced" tab on the left.
- Under "Max Appointments per Slot", adjust the number to the max number of appointments/clients for the session (30 slots = 30 max clients).
- If you created a set of business hours on step #1, select it in the "Hours" field.
- When done, click "Save".