Linking Recurring Payments to Appointment Packages
This article explains how to assign a recurring payment plan to an appointment package, and how to allow your clients to self-enroll in a payment plan when they book an appointment package online.
Make sure to get familiar with recurring payments feature before proceeding.
Adding a Payment Plan to an Existing Appointment Package
The steps below show how easy it is to add a payment plan to an existing appointment package.
- Navigate to "Bookings > Packages".
- Use the search filters to find the desired package.
- If the package is active, you will see the option "Add Payment Plan" (shown below).
- Select the payment plan you wish to apply to the package and click on "Continue".
- The next screen allows you to customize any of the plan parameters, if necessary. Click on "Create Plan" when ready.
Once the plan has been assigned to the package, you will be able to click on "View Plan" to see the plan details.
Allowing Clients to Enroll into a Payment Plan
You can let your clients enroll into a payment plan when they purchase an appointment package through the booking widget. In order to accomplish this, you need to associate a payment plan to an appointment package. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to "Bookings > Booking Settings > Services" and scroll down to the "Package" list.
- Find the desired package and click on "Edit".
- Click on the "Overrides" tab.
- Set the "Require Credit Card" field to "Require a credit card".
- Set the "Automatic Charge" field to "Add to a Recurring Payment Plan".
- A dropdown list asking you to select a plan will show up. Select a plan and click on "Save".
Once this is set up, clients will be able to enroll on a plan using your booking widget. The video below shows what the process would look like.
Allowing Clients to Enroll into a Payment Plan Without Appointments
If you want to offer a membership that is not associated with appointments, you can use the same method described above, the only difference is that the package should have no appointments in it. The following article explains more about this: Can Clients Sign up for a Service Without Creating Appointments?