Using the Patient Diagnosis Feature
IntakeQ allows you to add diagnostic codes to your treatment notes and then quickly view them in the client profile. This is a requirement when using superbills, but can also be used on its own.
To enable this feature, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to "More > Settings > Features".
- Click the "Enable Diagnosis" button (see image below).
Adding & Managing Diagnostic Codes
Diagnostic codes are added via treatment notes that you attach to a specific client's timeline. Follow the steps below to add diagnostic codes to a new or existing treatment note:
- Navigate to the client profile via "Lists > Clients", selecting the client you wish to add diagnosis codes to.
- From the "Timeline" on the left side of the screen you either need to select an existing treatment note (shown in blue) or create a new one. You can also add diagnosis codes to the pinned note.
- With a treatment note open, make sure you're in edit mode. The button beside "Saved" on the upper right will say "Lock", if it doesn't click on "Edit" to enter the edit mode.
- To add diagnosis codes to the treatment note, click "More" (grey button) and select "Add Diagnosis".
- You'll be presented with the following screen that gives you various options for adding and managing your diagnosis codes.
- Add New Code: This option will allow you to create a diagnosis code and give it a description. Once added it will appear in the list as you see in the above image.
- 1: Click this icon to edit an already existing diagnosis code.
- 2: Click this icon to delete an already existing diagnosis code.
Now that you've added diagnosis codes to the client, you'll be able to easily see them from the client's timeline under the "Diagnosis" tab. You can quickly access the specific treatment note that a diagnosis code was added to from this screen by clicking "open note" as seen below.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact us and we'll be happy to help!