Using the Patient Diagnosis Feature
IntakeQ allows you to add diagnostic codes to your treatment notes and then quickly view them in the client profile. This is a requirement when using superbills, but can also be used on its own.
To enable this feature, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to "More > Settings > Features".
- Click the "Enable Diagnosis" button (see image below).
Managing Diagnostic Codes
Instead of giving you a list of 70,000 diagnostic codes, IntakeQ allows you to add or import your own list. To manage your DX codes, navigate to Lists > Invoices > Invoice Settings > Superbill > Manage Diagnosis Codes. You'll be presented with the following screen that gives you various options for adding and managing your diagnosis codes.
Adding Diagnosis to Clients
Diagnosis are assigned to clients via treatment notes. Follow the steps below to add a diagnosis to a new or existing treatment note:
- Navigate to the client profile via "Lists > Clients", or using the menu search box.
- From the "Timeline" on the left side of the screen you either need to select an existing treatment note (shown in blue) or create a new one. You can also add diagnosis codes to the pinned note.
- With a treatment note open, make sure you're in edit mode. The button beside "Saved" on the upper right will say "Lock", if it doesn't click on "Edit" to enter the edit mode.
- To add diagnosis codes to the treatment note, click "More" (grey button) and select "Add Diagnosis".
- You will see the list of diagnosis. Simply select the diagnosis you want to assign and click on "Done Selecting"
Remember to lock the treatment note when you're finished by selecting "Lock" from the upper grey menu.
Now that you've added diagnosis codes to the client, you'll be able to easily see them from the client's timeline under the "Diagnosis" tab. You can quickly access the specific treatment note that a diagnosis code was added to from this screen by clicking "open note" as seen below.
Carrying Diagnosis Over to Other Notes
Many clients are required to display the current diagnosis on every subsequent treatment note. In order to do this, you can add the Current Diagnosis question type to your treatment note template. To learn more, see this article: Displaying Current Diagnosis Codes within Treatment Notes
Removing a Diagnosis
If a diagnosis has been added by mistake, you can simply go to the Diagnosis tab and click on Remove, making sure that the treatment note in which the diagnosis was recorded is still unlocked.
To remove the diagnosis and still keep a record of it, you should set an end date for it. This will allow your notes to display the current diagnosis based on the date of the treatment note.