Room and Resource Management
With IntakeQ, you can manage the availability of scarce resources that are used for appointments in a multi-provider environment.
For example, you could have 3 providers working in a clinic that has only 2 rooms. Adding these 2 rooms as resources allows IntakeQ to determine when there is availability for new appointments in your booking widget. Appointments will only be able to be booked if there is an available practitioner and resource available for the appointment.
How to Set It Up
1. Create the Resources
The first step is to inform IntakeQ about the resources that need to be managed. These resources must be associated with a location. To create resources follow the steps below:
- Navigate to "Bookings > Booking Settings > Hours/Location".
- Scroll down to the "Resources" section.
- Click on "Add New Resource".
- Enter the resource "Name" and "Quantity".
Note that you should enter only one entry for each type of resource. In the example above, you don't need to enter Room A and Room B. You just need to enter the name of the resource (Room) and how many are available.
2. Assign Resources to Services
The second step is to inform which services use which resources. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to "Bookings > Booking Settings > Services".
- Locate the service you want to assign a resource to and click on "Edit".
- Click on "Resources".
- A check box list of resources will show up; select the resource(s) that should be allocated for this service.
- Click on "OK".
Now IntakeQ will take the availability if these resources into account when displaying time slots in your booking widget.