How to Block Time Availability from my IntakeQ Calendar?
If your practiceQ calendar is linked to your Google or Outlook Calendar, all your blocked time on those calendars will automatically show as blocked on your practiceQ calendar. What if you haven’t linked them or just want to block time availability inside practiceQ? To do this, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to "Bookings" in the main menu.
- Click on "Block Time" above the calendar (as shown below).
In the "Block Time" prompt fill out the information as you wish and click on "Save" to add this blocked time to your calendar.
Note that you can block all locations or single locations, all services or single services, and set it to repeat every day, every weekday, weekly, or every other week. This can be used to support many scenarios, for example, a provider who works every other Thursday can set up their Thursday hours, and then block every other Thursday by choosing the "Every other week" option.
Shortcut: To quickly block availability in your calendar, you can open the dialog above by pressing and holding the Shift key while clicking on the day/time you want to block in your calendar.
Editing Recurring Blocked Time Series
To edit blocked time slots, simply click on any block of the series in the calendar and the "Block Time" dialog will open allowing you to modify the blocked time settings.
Moving Individual Blocked Time
There is also a simple way to move an individual blocked time slot by drag-and-drop, as shown in the animation below.
Deleting Blocked Time
If you have blocked time and wish to delete that block to open the appointment time again for bookings, this process is very simple:
- Click on the specific time block that you'd like to remove.
- If it's a single time block you just click the orange "Delete" button in the bottom left corner of the "Block Time" dialog.
- If this is a series of blocked time slots, click that orange "Delete" button will remove the entire series.
- To delete individual blocks of a series, click the arrow on the right side of the orange "Delete" button, then select "Delete Individual Block".
You can also block availability for your team members by using the Team Calendar. When blocking a time in the Team Calendar, you will be able to select the practitioner you are blocking time for, or choose the "All practitioners" option to block time for all practitioners.
When you block a time slot for the whole team, it will show up in the Team Calendar, as well as in all individual calendars, as a dark grey block.