Custom Cancellation Policy for Online Booking
If you are using our online scheduling widget, you can now protect yourself against no-shows or last minute cancellations. This is done by setting your cancellation policy parameters in the payments tab located in the "Booking Settings" page.
The screenshot below illustrates a common scenario: If a client cancels within 24 hours of the appointment, their credit card will be automatically charged the full price of the consultation.
Instead of setting a percentage of the full amount, you can also set a flat cancellation fee.
Leave both fields at 0 (zero) if you don’t want practiceQ to handle the cancellation policy.
Remember, you will only be able to fully reinforce the policy if you require your clients to enter their credit card upon booking. This automatically protects you against no-shows, since practiceQ automatically charges the client’s credit card on the day of the appointment.
The client will be able to cancel appointments by clicking on the cancellation link they receive in the appointment confirmation email.
Some actions still require your manual intervention. To help make things clear, this is a list of common scenarios and how they are handled:
- Client shows up to the appointment: practiceQ will automatically charge the client’s credit card on the day of the appointment. No action is required on your part.
- Client canceled the appointment using the booking widget, within the grace period: practiceQ will not charge the client’s credit card on the day of the appointment. No action is required on your part.
- Client canceled the appointment using the booking widget, after the grace period: practiceQ will apply the cancellation policy automatically. No action is required on your part.
- Client doesn’t cancel and doesn’t show up for the appointment: practiceQ will charge the full booking amount on the day of the appointment. It’s up to you to refund the client or not, if you opt to issue a refund you can do so right from the invoice within practiceQ.
- Client cancels by phone, within the grace period: practiceQ doesn’t know about the cancellation. You should go to your calendar and delete the appointment.
- Client cancels by phone, after the grace period: This one depends on when exactly the cancellation was made, before or after the client was charged. Go to your practiceQ calendar, click on the appointment and check the payment status. If it says “Paid”, it means practiceQ already charged the client. In case the charge was not made yet, you can delete the appointment and push a manual charge.