Getting Started with IntakeQ (for Assistants and Practitioners)
This article is designed to help get your staff up to speed on how to use IntakeQ and can be a reference/cheat sheet while first learning the system. It will cover the basics of Intake Forms, the Booking Calendar, Account settings and how to edit them, Practitioner Overrides, and the Secure Messaging System.
1. Intake Forms
IntakeQ's online forms are accessed by a client by connecting to our servers through a secure connection. As they enter the information into the form on their browser, our system is constantly saving the data as they go. This allows you to view a client's form while they're filling it out, and this allows a client to log out or quit the form at any time, and resume it at a later date. When a client logs out of a form, the system will send the client a message to their email address or mobile phone with a URL link and a password to access the form again in the future.
Forms can be accessed by a client in 3 different ways:
Manually Sending Forms: This can be done by clicking the Send Form to Client button from your Dashboard: https://support.intakeq.com/article/6-how-do-i-send-an-intake-form-to-a-client
(To manually send a consent form, please follow the instructions here: https://support.intakeq.com/article/41-how-to-send-a-consent-form-to-a-client)
Automatically Sending Form: Forms can be sent automatically when a client books an appointment on the booking widget. This is set up by the account admin (sending a form when manually booking an appointment on the calendar will be covered in the Booking Calendar section): https://support.intakeq.com/article/218-adding-questionnaire-forms-to-an-appointment
Putting a Public Form on your Website (or in an email): The system can generate a public form URL that can be put on your website, in an email, or even sent through a text message to a client. This will allow anyone to access the form and 'login' using their name and email address to access and fill out the form: https://support.intakeq.com/article/48-how-to-add-an-intake-form-to-your-website
Once the form has been submitted by the client, you can view it on the client's timeline. This can be accessed by clicking on Lists > Clients. When looking for a specific client, you can use the magnifying glass icon to the left of My Forms and enter the client's information (first name/last name/email address/client ID):
Treatment Notes can be added to a client's timeline on this page: https://support.intakeq.com/article/116-treatment-notes-and-patient-timeline
- Questionnaire forms are designed to be sent to a client, consent forms are designed to be attached to a questionnaire form and sent together as a form package, and treatment notes are designed to be added to the client's timeline by a practitioner/assistant and filled out in the office.
- Form templates are shared from the Admin practitioner account to all practitioners. If a form template exists only a non-practitioner account, that form will not be shared.
- When a form is submitted, you can create an editable copy of the form to make notes/edits/corrections: https://support.intakeq.com/article/33-editing-an-intake-form
2. Booking Calendar
The booking calendar allows you to view, edit, and manually book appointments, as well as blocking out time availability and assigning packages. To create a new appointment, just click anywhere on the calendar and the Create Appointment window will pop up, allowing you to enter the client's appointment information. Please note that on the Month calendar view, the date will default to the day you clicked on the calendar, and on the week/day view, the system will default the day/time to the area you clicked on calendar.
When creating an appointment, the system does not limit your ability to create an appointment at any time/date, even if another appointment already exists or time is blocked. This is great for when you need to set up a work in appointment or for special consideration cases, however, typical appointments will be set up using the Show Open Slots link: https://support.intakeq.com/article/186-finding-available-times-in-your-calendar
There are two types of calendars for each practitioner: The Individual practitioner calendar and the team calendar:
- Shows only a single practitioner's calendar.
- Time/availability can be blocked or added.
- Google Calendar and Outlook events will display on this calendar.
- Appointments can be color coded by Status, Location and Service.
- Appointments can only be booked for a single practitioner.
- Shows all practitioners appointments and IntakeQ time blocks.
- Time/availability can NOT be blocked or added.
- Google Calendar and Outlook events will NOT display on this calendar.
- Appointments can be color coded by Practitioner and Service.
- Appointments can be booked for all practitioners on the Create Appointment window.
The individual calendar is best for Practitioners to see their own individual calendar, or when an assistant needs to find specific information regarding a practitioner's availability (in the case of trying to work in a client or when an appointment needs to be rescheduled). The team calendar is best when looking at an overview of appointment distribution or when booking appointments to different practitioners.
- When creating an appointment, you have the option to set the type of appointment reminder a client receives, if a client a will receive an appointment confirmation, and which form to send to the client.
- When cancelling an appointment, you have the option if the client will be informed automatically about the cancellation.
- Non-Admin Practitioners can override the clinic hours by clicking on Bookings > Booking Settings > My Hours > Override Clinic Hours.
- All appointments booked manually on the calendar will be automatically confirmed.
- The calendar view can be adjusted under Options > Day/Week View Range. This will narrow the hours displayed on the calendar to only view your available hours.
- By clicking on Lists > Appointments, you can search for all of a client's appointments, all of a practitioners appointments and many other filters. This is a powerful tool that can be used for various reasons, as well as allowing the filtered information to be Exported to a CSV File or Printed to a PDF file by clicking the down arrow beside the Search button.
- Appointment Packages can be created by following the instructions here: https://support.intakeq.com/article/151-creating-an-appointment-package-manually
3. Account Settings
Each practitioner and assistant account has their own settings that can be set up. Some of the basic differences between a practitioner and assistant is explained here: https://support.intakeq.com/article/153-what-is-the-difference-between-an-assistant-account-and-a-practitioner-account
Practitioners can receive notifications from their own account regarding activities that occur on their account, where assistants can receive information from activity on all practitioner accounts that they have access to manage (access is set by the admin account). Thus, a practitioner is only able to have notifications from their own account, however, an assistant is able to manage each individual practitioner and set up custom notifications per practitioner.
To set up notifications on your account, click on More > Settings > Notifications. For assistants, once you've set up the notifications, you will want to use the yellow bar in the bottom right hand corner of the screen to access another practitioner account and return to this page to set up the notifications for the next practitioner.
On the Notifications page, the system will notify you via email (unless otherwise specified) when an event occurs, as well as notifying you on the bell icon to the left of My Forms.
If you click on More > Account, you will be able to edit your name and your email address, as well as set up 2-Step Authentication, Adopt your signature for one click signing of forms, as well as setting your timezone settings.
- No one can access your account page through managing your account. This page is only accessible by logging in to your account (with your email address and password).
- When changing your email address or password on the account page, it's advised to log out by clicking More > Logout and logging back in with the new information.
- If you forget your password, it can be reset at any time here: https://intakeq.com/Recovery
4. Practitioner Overrides
The admin account sets up the default account booking settings, however, these settings can be overridden by the Practitioner accounts. These can be set up by clicking on Bookings > Booking Settings > (selecting a tab) > Override Clinic Settings:
- Here, you can set up your own payment provider by syncing your account with Stripe or Square (as mentioned in step 4 here).
- Once the clinic default is overridden and your account is synced, you can set if a credit card is required and how the card is charged.
- Without overriding the clinic default, you can always set your timezone.
- After overriding, you can adjust you personal setting preferences, such as Interval between Appointments, Appointment Confirmations, and the Lead time to book an appointment.
- Appointment Reminders can be set here, as well as your personal appointment text/call reminder information.
- This page will allow you to set your hours outside of the clinic hours.
- If there are multiple locations that you work at, you will be able to select the location from the dropdown menu to set your hours at each location.
- Allows you to sync your personal account with Google Calendar and Outlook.
- Allows you to set up automated emails to be sent to your clients when an appointment is booked: https://support.intakeq.com/article/80-automated-emails
5. Secure Messaging System
The Secure Messaging System allows you to send and receive HIPAA compliant messages to your clients, as well as allowing you and your clients to upload files directly from the computer's storage device, and allows you to share Treatment Notes with clients in a secure way. The messaging system will display a notification when there are pending messages from clients that haven't been viewed, and the system, as well as its settings, can be accessed by clicking the chat bubble icon to the left of My Forms.
You can learn about the Secure Messaging System here: https://support.intakeq.com/category/175-secure-messaging
- Whenever you send a message to a client, it will be noted under your name (regardless if you're the account Admin, a Practitioner or Assistant).
- An autoresponder message can be set up if you're closed on certain days or in an emergency: https://support.intakeq.com/article/212-messaging-portal-autoresponder
- Access to the Messaging system is set by the admin account.