ePrescribe: General Info
practiceQ has ePrescribing capabilities available for those that need to prescribe medications to their clients. This will allow you to prescribe and send medications for your client to their preferred retail or online pharmacy from inside practiceQ vs. using a standalone solution.
Benefits of ePrescribing in practiceQ:
- Send error-free prescriptions because we validate the info on each one
- Access patient medication history
- Save favorite medications for easy selection
- Resprecribe with a few clicks
- Cancel prescriptions electronically
- Use CoverMyMeds for Pre-Auths
- Save custom notes for reuse
- Receive electronic refill requests
- Create compound medications
- Add custom formats
- Send notes to the pharmacy
- Create order sets to prescribe more than one medication at a time
- Supporting users can queue up prescriptions for the prescriber
- View prescription insurance formulary information which includes electronically connected pharmacies
- Robust reporting tools to view the data
- PMP Database integration for most states
- Improve patient safety with reduced prescription errors and medication interaction checking
- Save time by doing everything in practiceQ and not having to jump from app to app!
- ePrescribing is $65.00 per prescriber per month per prescriber. It's the same price if you are doing controlled substances or not
- Each prescriber can have up to 5 supporting staff without charge. Supporting staff can view prescription information for clients and queue up medications for the prescriber to approve. Supervisors can also be invited to be supporting staff.
It’s $5.00 per month for every additional supporting staff member over the 5.
- The monthly fee is the same if you are prescribing controlled substances or not. This monthly fee includes ID proofing with ID.me so you must complete the ID.me identification process upon sign up. If you already have an ID.me account, you can use it here as well.
New Practice Account Sign Up Process
Note: This process takes some time. Please allow yourself 20-30 minutes to complete the signup process and up to 24 hours for your account to be reviewed.
IMPORTANT: The admin on the practiceQ account must the one to sign up the practice. Then they can invite others. You must use the clinic email tied to your practiceQ account.
- To sign up, go to More > Subscriptions and click the blue sign up button.
- From there, you will go through a 6 step process with Scriptsure to set up your account.
- Step three will ask to validate your email. The email from Scriptsure takes a minute or so to arrive.
ID Proofing through ID.me
The ePrescribe service use ID.me to complete ID proofing for your ePrescribe account. This is required for all prescribers whether they are doing controlled substances or
Note: Please use your existing ID.me Account if you have one.
Note: Please use your existing ID.me account. If you have issues, you can reach out to us or ID.me directly at: https://help.id.me/hc/en-us.
Note for Safari and Chrome Mobile Users:
There is a setting that you will need to disable to get the popups to work. Go to your Safari settings, the Privacy Tab and uncheck "Prevent cross-site scripting".
Once connected, you can see your eRx account under More > Subscription > ePrescription Settings.
Supporting users can be added that can create prescriptions and send them to the prescribing practitioner' queue for review. Prescribers can see the approval queue from any client's Subscription tab.
Each prescriber can have up to 5 supporting users at no charge. Once 5 is reached, any additional supporting users will be and $5.00 per month per supporting user.
To add a supporting user, uncheck the 'Prescriber' checkbox before sending an invite or invite an assistant.
Adding Additional Prescribers or Support Staff
- To add additional prescribers, from your settings page under More > Subscription, you can send invites to those in the list.
- To add a supporting user, send an invite to an assistant or uncheck the 'Prescriber' checkbox before sending an invite to a practitioner.
- Supporting users can queue up prescriptions so the prescriber can approve them. Supervisors can also be added if they are also practiceQ users.
- If your supervisor is not an intakeQ user, follow these steps.
Your account has access to PDMP reports from eligible states. You will need a separate account with BAMBOO HEALTH – formerly called APPRISS. It takes 5-7 days to get credentials after the application is sent online to them.
- Click here to visit their application page: https://go.bamboohealth.com/ehrrequest.
- If your state is listed here, use the link below the state list
- If your state is not on the list, use the form to the right of the state list.
- Please use the following for the software vendor and the version
- DAW Systems (Scriptsure)
In order to download the client's medication history, you need to have their consent. This can be added to questionnaire forms only. The client's consent is a required field to be able to download.
How to add the Patient Consent to an intake questionnaire:
- Go to 'My Forms' and select the desired questionnaire
- Add a Mixed Control question type.
- From the Items, Click the blue gear
- Choose Radio Buttons in the 'Type' dropdown
- Under Profile Mapping, choose 'Client Consent to Download Medication History
How to Prescribe Medications
You can prescribe medications for your clients in a couple different ways. The first is from the client profile.
From the Prescriptions tab, you can add new prescriptions, manage prescriptions and see a list of previously prescribed medications.
In order for your prescription to go through, there are some required fields that must be filled out. This helps reduce errors.
When you click the "Prescribe New Drug" button, the prescribing interface will popup where you can search for drugs or look them up by category.
You will be asked to select the format for the prescription:
You can select from existing formats or create your own format for this prescription.
Once the format has been chosen, you can choose the quantities, directions, duration, insurances, diagnosis, pharmacy and other options. When you are done filling out this information, you can click the green "Send to Pharmacy" button or the "Queue to Provider for Approval" if you are not the prescriber.
Once a medication has been prescribed, it will show in the list:
Linking a Prescription to Client Note
You can also link a prescriptions from the client note with "More > Link to Prescription." This will launch the popup for you to link the prescription to an existing note.
You can enter allergies in the eRx UI and receive warning when there is an interaction issue. Allergies will also show on the patient record.
Issues with your Prescriptions?
You can email Scriptsure support with any issues regarding your prescriptions at email@example.com.
You can also access the Scriptsure support article library here: ePrescribing : ScriptSure Cloud ERX (DAW Systems, Inc.) (freshdesk.com).